- Libya At War: How Did It All Start? - June 17, 2020
- Bosnia, COVID, and Democracy – A Conversation with Una Vaskovic - May 17, 2020
- Il Vangelo secondo Cucchi: la parabola della Giustizia Selettiva Italiana - December 4, 2019
by Giacomo Di Capua
Regardless of a steady advance of joint Turkish and Russian forces into Northern Syria, US President Donald J. #Trump yesterday lifted all sanctions against Turkey, previously imposed to condemn Recep Tayyp #Erdogan’s military aggression in the past weeks.
On the other side of the conflict, Russian intelligence adamantly plans on increasing the presence of Mr #Putin’s armed forces by capitalizing the now lifted American pressure on the Turskish military actions.
• How do you think should the international community react to such a move by Mr Trump?
• What is the extent to which Turkey can claim to act in the name of national security?
More on the topic in the article below!